We cannot take in birds at the store but will gladly direct you to a licensed rehabber in the area.
For Wild Bird Rescue in the South Bay Call:
310.378.9921 (South Bay Wildlife Rehab)
Please listen to the entire message as it should answer any questions you have.
For water and shore birds (gulls, pelicans, etc), call International Bird Rescue at 310.514.2573 or 2574.
If you are in the Valley, or along the coast from Santa Monica west and north, or have a crow or raven, contact California Wildlife at 818-222-2658.
If you have a pigeon or dove, contact Bruce at 310-218-6548. Donations are greatly appreciated. Can pick up when available for a donation.
What to do if you find a sick or injured bird.
Please follow the instructions below. We cannot take any birds in at the store.
- Place it in a small box lined with paper towels.
- Cover the box and place it where the bird will be warm, dark and quiet, like a closet.
- If you have a heating pad, turn it on to low and set the box on top of it. Two other ways to provide warmth are to fill a ziploc bag with warm water (warm to the touch of your wrist) and place it in the box with the bird, or, fill a sock with salt, heat it in the microwave and place it in the box.
- Do not feed or give water to the bird!
- Call the appropriate organization and leave a brief message with your name, telephone number, the type of bird, if known, and the nature of the injury. Be brief. The organizations are staffed mostly by volunteers, so be patient until you are called. All calls are triaged, so it may take a while for them to get back to you. Please leave a donation to help cover the cost of treating the bird.
For a more extensive list of rehab facilities, click -HERE-